For One Magical Night Only!
I’d like to introduce you to my Amazing Dream Band.
I’m calling them “The Rogue Mystics.” As part of my own personal 90 day challenge this summer I fantasized about what a cool and wonderful thing it would be to gather all of my favorite and beloved musicians together for a spontaneous and improvisational spiritual but not religious evening of my songs sung by multiple voices and instruments… and a small, intimate audience that was every bit a part of the “band” as the band…
This is what I came up with… November 19th, 2016 at Overit Studios, new Scotland Ave., Albany NY. 7-9:30 pm.
Get tickets here:
( Get yours Now! Before they’re sold out!)
Here’s the lineup so far:
- Joe Mennonna – Joe Mennonna is one of the most incredible musicians of our time. Period. He can do classical, Jazz, Folk, Funk, Polka, Pop. You name it, he can either sight read it or play it by ear. And on about 20 different instruments. Flute, piano, tuba, trumpet, saxophone, guitar, drums, bass, pipe organ, accordion… whatever. He plays everything. He has played with everyone from Don McClean to Deep Purple, Vanessa Williams, Tom Rush, David Bromberg and currently touring with The Bacon Brothers (as in Kevin Bacon the famous actor guy). He also speaks several languages fluently and is a wicked good photographer.
- Gene Moore – Gene Moore is an amazing electric guitarist. Personally I think he’s one of the best in the world. Seriously world class. He’s also one of my longest term musical friends having played on my 2nd LP, “The Hesitant Journey” which I recorded back in 1982 or ’83. He also played on and produced my “Feather on the Wind” CD and “Visions & Voices” which many people think is my best CD. Not content to be one of the best electric guitarists in the world, Gene actually makes his living as a photographer and web designer.
- Rilee O’Neill – Rilee O’Neill is the golden voice that really nailed the Posi award for “Together We Can Change The World.” She sang it back when she was only 11 years old. And she’s sung a few things recently like “Oh My Beloved” that I can’t wait to play for you. She loves to improvise and she will get a chance to do just that for your ears.
- Joy Adler – Joy is one of my most recent musical collaborators. She sang awesomely on four of my most recent productions and added so much spark and fire, silk and soul to those tunes that I HAD to have her join us. She, like myself and pretty much every other player in my “dream band” is not just a musician. She is a masterful energy healer and it is so fitting to make music AND healing with her.
- Brian Mellick – I have known Brian for probably 20 years. I kept bumping into him in various places and I just felt so moved and inspired by his percussion genius and personal authenticity that I just envisioned playing with him. And so far this year I’ve had the honor of doing just that something like 3 or 4 times.
- Roger Mock – The man who got me to learn other people’s songs! While I’ve known some of the dream band longer, Roger is the one I’ve played with the most. For 5 and a half years we essentially did 3 gigs a week and I think I wrote something like 30 new songs in his general direction and he was always awesome about including them in the services as well as coming up with awesome harmonies as well as mandolin and guitar parts. He will be joining us on Mandolin, guitar and vocals.
- Pete Furlong – I still feel strange not having Pete to sing harmonies with on a regular basis. His fine clear tenor is simply the perfect blend for my voice. AND he’s an awesome percussionist and multi-instrumentalist and songwriter.
- Sarah Puig – Sings some of the most unusual and cool harmonies I’ve ever had the pleasure of hearing. She is also an endless source of sweet quirkyness and wicked good puns as well as a fine multi-instrumentalist and songwriter.
- Mike Covey – Mike was in one of my recent NLP trainings and one day after class we started playing guitar and “jamming”. Jamming with him quite literally caused me to create an entirely new way of playing that has increased my enjoyment of playing music with other people 10 fold. He is totally self taught but he’s one of the best teachers I know. He’s also my gardening coach, And he’s as passionate as I am about sustainable farming and labrador retrievers.
- Gary Goldberg – I was on Gary’s radio show on WRPI last week and performed at his cool “Harvest Love Festival” on Saturday. He has been a significant supporter of my music and he will be on hand as the “Master of Ceremonies”.
- The Mystery Guest. This one may or may not happen so if it does you’ll find out if it doesn’t you won’t.