It’s time to do something. But what can you and I do? We can start with waking up to the fact that we EACH need to take some positive action no matter how small or insignificant. Waiting for governments to “fix” the problem is just not really going to happen soon enough. WE have to do something.
what CAN you do TODAY?
Just a few things that I’m working on in my own life. None of us are there yet but we have GOT to start!!!
- Start growing your own food in window boxes in your home or even better, “Kill Your Lawn” and grow enough food in your yard to feed your family and share or sell to others.
- combine errands so you use your car less and get more done in less time.
- Make more home cooked meals.
- Compost your food waste
- Ride bikes or take public transport more.
- Reduce, reuse, recycle.
- Buy less crap you don’t really need.
- Buy used items from friends and neighbors that they are’nt using that you can use (less packaging than if you bought it new…).
- learn about sustainable farming and permaculture and start doing it somewhere (even on other peoples land).
just a thought for the beginning of 2020 with love in my heart fo our planet and for all the other creatures that depend on us not wrecking the place…